Happy New Year everybody! It’s officially 2021 and a lot of people have started their health kicks by trying new diets and workout plans. It’s important to remember that going on a health kick doesn’t mean you have to cut out all treats and desserts, you just have to find the right recipe that allows you to indulge without consuming too many processed sugars… Lucky for you, we have a delicious fruit crumble and peanut butter cup ice-cream recipe that tastes delicious and is made with all natural ingredients.
FRUIT CRUMBLE WITH BANANA AND PEANUT BUTTER CUP ICE-CREAM
1 cup of ground almonds (100g)
1 cup of oats (100G) (Regular or gluten-free)
½ cup of flaked almonds (50g)
2 tablespoons coconut oil
4 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon cinnamon (optional)
750g of chosen fruit (we used 250g mango and 500g strawberries)
5 frozen bananas (chopped)
2 packets of supernature Peanut Butter Cups
- Add the ground almonds, oats, and flaked almonds into a mixing bowl and stir together.
- Melt the coconut oil and add to the mix.
- Add the maple syrup and cinnamon to the bowl and mix well.
- Chop up chosen fruit and place in the bottom of a 20cm (8 inch) pie dish.
- Place the crumble mixture on top of the fruit.
- Preheat the oven to 180oC.
- Bake for 25/30 minutes until golden brown.
- Add the 5 chopped and frozen bananas to a blender and wait 10-15 minutes before blending.
- While waiting to blend, chop up 2 packets of supernature Peanut Butter Cups (can use 3 packets if you want an extra peanut butter/chocolate taste).
- Return to your blender and blend the banana until it is white and creamy.
- Add the peanut butter cups to the banana.
- For a smooth ice-cream, blend the peanut butter cups into the banana mix. For a chunky ice-cream, stir them into the banana mix.
Finally, enjoy a delicious slice of fruit crumble with a scoop of banana ice-cream served on top.
We love this recipe because it is so full of natural ingredients and so easy to make and the leftovers taste good hot or cold the next day. We love that it can be made a little differently each time by choosing different fruit combinations, some of our favourite fruits to use are…
Pear ( peeled)
Plum (peel if prefer)
Use gluten free oats for the coeliac friendly option. As you can see it is free from dairy and refined sugar, making it vegan friendly also.