Chocolate Raspberry Sheet Cake
Not a brownie, but a fudgy, tender, melt-in-your-mouth, dreamy chocolate sheet cake, complete with chocolate ganache and a generous helping of our Raspberry Chocolate Raisins on top. Another one of our delicious @peachypalate recipes, this chocolate cake is sure to be a winner!😍
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 30 minutes
Servings - 10-12
For the Cake
- 240g spelt flour
- 50g cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 250ml warm water
- 100ml light tasting olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 150g coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Topping
- 80g coconut oil, melted
- 50g cocoa powder
- 80ml maple syrup
- 1 -2 tbsp hot water*
- 2 packets Supernature Chocolate Coated Raspberry Raisins roughly chopped
*Add just a little and mix to combine so that the icing is super smooth and glossy. It also thins the ganache out a little bit so that it is easier to pour and spread.
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
- Line an 8 inch square or round tin with baking paper and lightly grease with spray oil.
- Sieve together the spelt flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, soda and salt into a large bowl.
- Mix together water, coconut sugar, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, and olive or avocado oil.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, and fold together until no flour remains.
- Place batter into prepared tin and bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes in the tin and then transfer to a wire rack to cool fully.
- Whisk together the ganache ingredients adding just a touch of hot water at a time to thin it out. Pour ganache over cooled cake and top with chocolate coated raspberry raisins.
- Ideally allow the ganache to firm up a little before slicing the cake.
I think this cake may become the new favourite for our lockdown birthdays! Be sure to let us know if you give it a try!☺️
Love the supernature team xo