Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos
To say this is a favourite in our house would be an understatement. It's one of those dishes that you can throw together really last minute without feeling like your eating really unhealthily. Quite the opposite actually, you can throw loads of good stuff on this so that you're not sacrificing nutrition or taste!
Ok, enough hype... what are we dealing with?
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Slice 2 large sweet potatoes and pop them in a bowl
- Make your seasoning using 1tsp of paprika, 1tsp of garlic powder, and 1/2tsp of salt and pepper
- Stir the seasoning into the bowl so that the slices are covered
- Place the slices on a baking tray
- Put in oven at 200°C for 10 minutes, flip slices, and leave for another 10 minutes
Now for the fun part... TOPPINGS! We have a few preferences but, of course, you can add whatever you fancy!
Add your sweet potatoes to a dish where you can add your toppings before going back in the oven.
- A can of black beans (great for fibre and protein!)
- Avocado... we love guacamole to serve with this but mom is also a big fan of baked avocado so we add some sliced avocado before we finish baking.
- Sprinkle on a cheese of your choice
- Pico de Gallo-
- Finely chop two large tomatoes
- Chop 1/2 red onion (TOP TIP: put it in the freezer for 10 minutes before you chop and your eyes won't cry!)
- Mince 2 cloves of garlic
- Squeeze juice of half a lime
- Mash 1 avocado
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper (few twists of each)
- Juice of half a lemon
And that's it- we love to mix everything together to eat! Enjoy, we hope you like it as much as we do!💚