- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Slice 2 large sweet potatoes and pop them in a bowl
- Make your seasoning using 1tsp of paprika, 1tsp of garlic powder, and 1/2tsp of salt and pepper
- Stir the seasoning into the bowl so that the slices are covered
- Place the slices on a baking tray
- Put in oven at 200°C for 10 minutes, flip slices, and leave for another 10 minutes
Now for the fun part... TOPPINGS! We have a few preferences but, of course, you can add whatever you fancy!
Add your sweet potatoes to a dish where you can add your toppings before going back in the oven.
- A can of black beans (great for fibre and protein!)
- Avocado... we love guacamole to serve with this but mom is also a big fan of baked avocado so we add some sliced avocado before we finish baking.
- Sprinkle on a cheese of your choice
- Pico de Gallo-
- Finely chop two large tomatoes
- Chop 1/2 red onion (TOP TIP: put it in the freezer for 10 minutes before you chop and your eyes won't cry!)
- Mince 2 cloves of garlic
- Squeeze juice of half a lime
- Mash 1 avocado
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper (few twists of each)
- Juice of half a lemon
And that's it- we love to mix everything together to eat! Enjoy, we hope you like it as much as we do!💚