Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
These cookies are crispy round the edges, chewy, and laced with chunks of our Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups. Possibly our new favourite cookie… until the next creation!
Cooking Time - 10 minutes
Servings - 16 cookies
- 1 tbsp milled flaxseed + 3 tbsp water
- 130g smooth drippy peanut butter
- 60g vegan butter alternative at room temperature
- 80g coconut sugar
- 120g white spelt flour or plain wheat flour or plain gluten free alternative
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 4 Supernature Peanut Butter Cups chopped into small pieces*
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
- Line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
- Mix together flax and water and set to one side for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile beat together butter, peanut butter and coconut sugar in a stand mixer or in a large bowl using a hand held beater until smooth and creamy!
- Add in “flax egg” and beat to combine.
- Add in the flour, baking soda.
- Mix well to form a smooth, soft but not overly wet dough.
- Fold chopped peanut butter cups into the dough.
- Divide mixture into 16 balls; each should weigh around 34 -35g if you want to be precise!
- Flatten the balls a little between the palms of your hands and place onto the prepared baking sheet. They will spread a little when cooking so cook them in batches if you don’t have a tray large enough to leave a couple of inches between each cookie!
- Bake for 10 minutes; I rotate the tray half way as my oven tends to cook things unevenly!
- Allow to cool on the tray for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully.
*We like to add some extra peanut butter cup chunks on top of the cookies when they come out of the oven. They will melt a little and become one with the cookies as they cool!
Ooft, just putting this blog together already has me drooling, definitely need to get baking!
Love the supernature team xo